Tunnelling | fiber anchored
Precast segment gaskets
fiber-anchored sealing profiles
As a pioneer in innovation, SEALABLE offers a new, improved form of sealing profile. The fiber-anchored profiles feature a new type of fastening in the tunnel segment: thousands of small fibers on the entire profile floor which connect to the concrete during the production of the segments. In addition, the entire surface of the profile is fixed in this system, which ensures a secure hold.
Thousands of small fibres are firmly anchored in the concrete segment and thus increase the tear resistance of the gasket.
Advantages of fiber anchored sealing profiles
- Safe and easy installation
- Improved packaging in cardboard boxes
- Improved connection between seal and concrete by fixing the complete profile surface
- Easy to repair
- Elimination of the adhesive and the entire bonding process
- Lean process in segment production
Mechanical impact during transport and storage of segment gaskets can cause damage to the fiber-anchored gaskets. Below you will find the step-by-step instruction for repairing damaged areas.