Tunnelling | Hydrophillic material
Quickswell + Blackswell
Precast segment gaskets
Quickswell and Blackswell are based on a mixture of rubber (EPDM/NR/NBR) with a special swellable material. This has hydrophilic properties that are influenced by temperature as well as the quality and composition of the water. The expansion on contact with liquid creates a pressure that ensures a reliable water seal. Our swelling rubber is available in different shapes and colours depending on the application, e.g. as a band next to the gasket frame or as a round swelling cord integrated in the profile.
For the first time, it is possible to combine the excellent properties of EPDM polymers with swellable material.
Advantages of hydrophillic material
- Reliable and reversible swelling behaviour
- Rubber compound with hydrophilic nanoparticles
- Excellent chemical and ozone resistance
- High resistance to permanent deformation
- High water impermeability