Alaskan Way (44 x 12 mm)
Tunnelling | tunnel gaskets
Precast segment gaskets
The mixed tunnel seal was developed by our company in the 1990s. We combine a classic compression seal with a hydrophilic material that expands when it comes into contact with water. The swelling material is installed into a groove in the profile in the form of a round cord (preferably 5 mm in diameter). The hydrophilic EPDM rubber cord swells when it comes into contact with moisture and adjust to the environment. As a result, this innovative system offers a high level of protection against leakage.
This type of gasket incorporates an innovative combination of a compression gasket and a water-absorbing rubber cord, which increases the tightness of the profile.
Advantages of sealing profiles with blackswell
- Available as anchored or glued gasket
- Additional sealing capacity due to high performance hydrophilic round cord
- Self-healing effect in case of leakages due to improper ring build
- No lateral swelling of the material in contact with water
- Inserting the hydroswelling cord just before the segment is installed
- No special storage necessary
CVV (33 x 10 mm)
Hong Kong (33 x 10 mm)
Lai Chi Kok (26 x 10 mm)
Below you will find the step-by-step instruction for pulling a round cord into the groove of the sealing profile.